A passport is a Valid Document
that is required if you want to travel abroad or want to perform Hajj/Umrah
. However, if you want to apply for the passport Before
or After Marriage
, the formality of filling the form remains almost the Same
. And if applying for a passport after marriage you need to fill the Form Online
for that you can either fill the passport form by Yourself
or can visit any Nearby Khidmat Centre
for the submission of the Passport. In case you want to fill the passport form by Yourself
you need to follow some steps that are mentioned below.
Steps for the submission of the online Passport form
- You need to visit the Passport Seva portal . Once you open the passport Seva portal on the left-hand side you will be provided with a Drop-down Menu among which you need to click on the. new user registration
- You need to fill the form that gets displayed and need to click on the register button.
- After that you need to login to the Passport Seva Portal with the registered login id.
- Click on Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport in order to proceed further. You need to fill the form completely and make the submission by clicking on the submit button.
- After filling the passport form completely you need to pay the fee online. The passport fee is just 1500 Rs and after the successful submission of the payment, you can make an appointment at your convince.
- After making the payment you will be provided with a receipt containing the Application Reference Number or appointment details.
- On the appointment date you have to visit the PSK booked at the time of filling of passport form along with the original as well as with the photocopy of the documents.
- After the verification from the concerned police station and SSP office your passport will get dispatched to you from the concerned post office. You are requested to check the passport once you receive it because your passport remains valid for 10 years.
Name Change On Passport After Marriage
If you Already
have a Passport
and you want to Change The Surname
or want to Endorse The Spouse�s Name
you need to fill the Re-issue
passport form. The steps are the same (as mentioned above) for the submission of the re-issue form for the passport but you need to Search for Form No. II
for Miscellaneous Services. You can just find it Online
or can request it from any Nearby PSK
. However, at the time of Appointment
at the PSK office, you need to take the documents such as
- Originals as well as the photocopy of the documents such as marriage certificate (Nikah Nama) and the Passport of the husband along with a photocopied passport (if any).
- The original old passport with a self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages.
- Present address proof document.
After the Verification
from all the concerned departments, your passport will get Dispatched
to you by the concerned post office.